Generac Generator Installation
Choose Kelly Electric to Install your Generac Automatic Generator
Kelly Electric is an authorized dealer of Generac Automatic Generators. We have factory trained technicians for automatic generator installation. We can perform manufacturer-recommended maintenance and any necessary warranty work.
We Can Help You Choose, Finance, and Install Your Generator
At Kelly Electric, we will guide you through each step of installing a Generac automatic generator for your home or business.
- We help you choose the size / kw to best meet your power needs.
- We ensure that the generator placement meets NEC and township code requirements.
- We arrange inspections and secure the electric and gas permits required for installation.
- If additional contractors are needed, we will coordinate with them for a seamless installation process.
Upfront Pricing & Financing Options For Your New Generator
Our estimated price will include the cost of the automatic generator, the generator installation (hook-up of gas and electrical connections), and the permits and inspections. We offer financing for Generac automatic generator purchase, small to large home generator installation, and other electrical projects.
Backup Power When You Need It Most
When your neighbors have lost power, you’ll be happy you’re still toasty warm thanks to your generator. A residential generator will start up automatically, keeping you powered on when you need it the most.
Continue using your heating system during the cold, winter months and your cooling system in the heat of the summer when emergencies or blackouts happen. The same goes for your electronics and appliances after your generator installation.
Unsure about the importance of a generator in your home? Ask the experts at Kelly Electric for more information. Our electricians will help you choose which generator fits you and your home’s needs. There’s plenty of options to choose from - backup, standby, whole-home generators, or even portable generators. We’ll shine a light on the best option for you.
For generator installation or repair in your Delaware Valley home, give your expert electricians a call at Kelly Electric.
A Generac Generator for Every Need
Generac Portable Generators
Generac Automatic Air Cooled Standby Generators
Generac Automatic Liquid Cooled Standby Generators
Click Below to Learn More:
A Generac portable generator is the least expensive option for standby / backup generator power during a power outage. To use a portable generator, you will also need to purchase fuel and cords to run from the generator to the appliances you would like to back up.
Kelly Electric can install a manual transfer switch so that you can run one heavy duty cord to the generator outlet, then turn on the circuits you wish to back up with the generator during the power outage.
- Least expensive option for standby / backup power during a power outage
- You have to be home to move the generator from your shed or garage. You must set up and start the generator at least 10 feet away from your home.
- Most of these units are heavy and require a pull start. This can make them difficult for some people to move or operate.
- A portable generator cannot be run in the rain without some sort of weather proof enclosure
- You must refuel every 4 – 6 hours. This may mean that you have to leave home for gas during a storm or power outage OR that you have to keep a supply of extra gas stored in a safe place per OSHA & EPA regulations.
- Gas has a short fuel life of 3-6 months. If you don’t use it, it can get in the carburetor of your generator and prevent the generator from running.
- If you do not run your portable generator every few weeks, you will not know if it will start when you need it.
REMEMBER: Never run a portable generator inside your home as you can be subject to carbon monoxide gases / poisoning
Air cooled standby generators can back up everything from a few critical circuits to everything circuit in most homes through a smart automatic transfer switch and some load shed modules (although some larger homes may require a liquid cooled generator see below).
Automatic generators are normally set on a pad which can be a concrete pad, pea gravel pad, or a GenPad (which Generac makes for their air cooled units). It ties into your home's natural gas line so you never have to worry about refueling. An automatic generator has an automatic transfer switch which will tell the generator to turn on within 10 seconds of losing electric, power up the circuits on the generator panel, then turn the generator off once utility power has been restored.
- Turns on automatically within 10 seconds of losing power
- If you are not home, it will turn on and off automatically during a storm
- These units have a weather proof enclosure and can run during any type of weather
- With a natural gas generator tied into your gas service you never have to refuel like the portable units
- Air cooled generators run a weekly test for approximately 15 minutes to exercise and make sure everything functions as it should.
- You can also install mobile link which will alert you if there is a problem with the generator by sending a text or email to your phone or computer.
- If there is a problem like a low battery or oil level, the generator will let you know through a code on the control panel.
- It is a more expensive option than the portable generator
- It may not be large enough to run some large custom homes, or may not be large enough to run electric back up heat pump systems.
You can power almost anything with a liquid cooled generator, including large homes, custom built homes, electric back up heat pump systems, office & commercial buildings, schools, hospitals, and more. Generac liquid cooled generators work just like the air cooled generators.
- All of the benefits of an air cooled automatic generator, plus
- These can run larger loads including air conditioning, electric heat for larger homes, commercial buildings & office
- They are more expensive to purchase than a portable or air cooled generator.
- They cost more to install than a portable or air cooled generator
What Our Residential Clients Say
Kelly did two great jobs for us. They replaced the last of the old knob and tube wiring in our hallway (two stories). The work was done quickly and cleanly. Shortly after this, we contracted with Kelly to install a whole-house generator - a huge job. The entire crew - closely supervised by the owner - was knowedgeable, hard-working, and courteous. They obtained the permits, consulted us about details, worked hard, and completed the job They also cleaned the site up carefully when the installation was complete. These are consummate professionals and we recommend Kelly highly..
Kelly Electric showed up on time and was very responsive throughout the entire time their team was working at our house. All of the fixtures they installed work perfectly and they left our house as clean as it was before they began doing work. The technician who we worked with made sure to verify where we wanted our fixtures installed before he began doing work and gave us honest recommendations for everything we were considering changing in our house. I would absolutely recommend them and will use them again if a need arises.
I have now used Kelly electric for several major projects (installation of whole house generator, electrical upgrade in condo renovation, and rewiring of basement lights) and have been impressed each time with their responsiveness, professionalism and quality workmanship. Their prices are very reasonable. Would not hesitate to use then again in the future for other projects.
Kelly Electric removed our knob and tube wiring. I called on a Thursday, Sean Mullan came the next day and gave me an estimate that afternoon, and work started the following Monday. They get an A+ for responsiveness! The men who did the work were great, too. It's not an easy job but they made it as painless for us as possible.
Gareth and his team are top notch! They performed a very large, very complicated job in my home, which included removing old knob and tube wiring. They then wired a complicated kitchen with every possible appliance. They are prompt, hard workers, clean, and efficient. Gareth is easy to contact, and manages his work teams well. I would highly recommend Kelly Electric.
I've used Kelly Electric a couple of times since moving to Havertown, and have been very impressed - found them to be friendly, responsive, and reasonably priced. I would definitely use them again, and recommend them to others.
Fantastic response time and service! Nick came out within an hour of when I called to set up an appointment and did an outstanding job troubleshooting our problem. Thanks!
I recently used Kelly Electric for the addition of a new outlet to accommodate a new tank-less water heater. Sean and his team were responsive, courteous and professional. Theirs was the most competitive bid for the work, and they were in and out in an hour or so.
I would recommend them without hesitation, and will definitely use them again when the need arises.
We had Kelly rewire our house and remove the old knob and tube wiring. Not an easy job in a close to 100 year old house. They made some holes in the walls and ceilings to fish the new wires (as they said they would have to do), but they patched them, protected the floors and furniture from debris, and cleaned up daily. Their price was fair and they did a professional job. We can recommend them without reservation.
Installed a generator at my home. Was professional, on time and did a fantastic job. It wasn't an easy job but they were courteous and made sure to leave my home free of trash and even brought up my trash cans! I would definitely use them again.
We recently had Kelly Electric evaluate and repair an error made by a previous electrician. Mr. Kelly provided courteous and detailed answers to my questions and had our problem fixed quickly. I highly recommend Kelly Electric!
Great experience throughout, from initial call to estimate to scheduling of the job. The guys were pleasant around the house and worked hard for the day they were here. NO hesitation in recommending Kelly Electric again!
What Our Business & Commercial Clients Say
“Just a quick note to thank you for your excellent service over the last ten years. You and your company have been an integral part of our success at the R.C. Legnini Co. Through subcontractor partners such as you, we are able to respond to customers needs in a timely and professional manner. The work that you performed recently at the Church of Latter Day Saints in State College has been terrific. When the recent hurricane hit last October, Kelly Electric was key to providing several of our office clients in Ocean City a usable office in weeks rather than months. Thank you for all of your help.”
Call us today:
Since 2001, Kelly Electric has been providing quality, affordable electrical services to clients in the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey area. We love working with commercial and residential clients. From pool and hot tub wiring, to full home electrical projects, we do it all.